The TMA Education Foundation is dedicated to improving, sustaining, and promoting manufacturing technology education and encouraging the pursuit of careers in the industry.
In 1987 formed under the vision to increase awareness of manufacturing careers in high schools, promote manufacturing careers, and encourage manufacturing technology training the Tooling & Manufacturing Association (TMA) established a 501(c)3 Education Foundation. The Board of Directors created the fund-raising Education Foundation to promote a new age in manufacturing and the need for motivated, innovative, intelligent young people to train for tomorrow’s careers; and the need for improved training facilities and programs in the Chicago area.
TMA Education Foundation has donated over $950,000.00 in machinery, software, equipment, awards, competitions, instructors, research, credentialing and scholarships.
TMA Education Foundation raises funds:
- To supply selected schools with state-of-the-art equipment and improved facilities and to donate education and career materials to guidance offices, libraries, and classrooms.
- To give financial assistance, through grants and scholarships, to students and vocational education teachers, and to provide industry advisors to education.
- To expand the pool of qualified entry level tooling, machining, and manufacturing career candidates.
- To improve the image of manufacturing careers, increase public awareness to parents, educators, students, legislators, and public officials.
- To promote and direct the establishment of a tooling, machining, and manufacturing technology training centers.
- To recruit talented men and women for challenging metalworking and manufacturing careers.
Through a shared mission, TMA Education Foundation and TMA work together to support manufacturing through technical education programs, outreach and promotion of manufacturing careers. TMA supports the foundation to be successful in a variety of ways that includes, but not limited to staff support.